Automatically Forward Email Messages To Another Account
You can setup to forward all of your new email to another email account, or only forward certain types of emails.
Set up automatic email forwarding
You can automatically forward your email to another address. You can choose to forward all new emails, or just certain ones.
Note: You can only set up forwarding on your pc, and not on the Google email app.
Turn automatic mail forwarding on or off.
Note: When your new emails are forwarded, emails from spam won’t be included.
Turn on automatic email forwarding
- On your pc, open Google email using the email account you want to forward email from. You can only forward email for a single Gmail address, and not an email group or alias.
- In the top right of the Gmail page, click Settings (gear icon).
- Click Gmail Settings.
- Now click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the “email Forwarding” section, click Add a forwarding mail address.
- Enter the email address you want to forward email to.
- Click Next > Proceed >OK.
- A verification email will be sent to that email address. Click the verification link in that email.
- Go back to the Gmail settings page for the Gmail account you want to forward mail from, and refresh your web browser.
- Choose to forward a copy of incoming email to.
- Choose what you want to happen with the Google email copy of your emails. We recommend Keep Gmail’s copy in the email inbox.
- At the bottom end of the email page, click Save Changes button.
Turn off automatic email forwarding
- On your pc, open Google email using the email account you want to stop forwarding email from.
- In the top right corner, click Gmail Settings (gear icon).
- Click at Settings.
- Click the email Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the “Forwarding” section, click Disable email forwarding.
- At the bottom end, click Save Changes button.
Only forward certain kinds of email.
If you only want to forward certain kinds of emails to another email account, create a filter for these emails.
When you’re setting up your email filter, you can choose what email account to forward these emails to.
If you don’t see an email account to forward emails to, follow the steps above to turn on email forwarding.
Note: You can only create up to 20 filters that forward to other email account.
Email Forwarding to multiple accounts
You can only automatically forward all your email to one account.
To forward emails to multiple email accounts, use the steps above in “Only forward certain kinds of emails” to create filters to forward email to different accounts.