Change Your Gmail Language Settings?
You can change your Gmail account language, and with the use of special keyboards to type in other languages.
How to change the language you use to see Gmail?
- Sign in Gmail.
- In the top right corner of the Gmail page, click Settings (gear).
- Click Gmail account Settings.
- In the “Language” section, select a language from the drop-down menu.
- At the bottom of the Gmail page, click Save Changes button.
How to type in another language
You can type in languages like USA English, Hindi, Arabic, or Chinese using input tools, including special keyboards. You can use different types of input tools for different languages.
- Sign in Gmail. You can only use input tools from a Web browser and not the Google email app.
- In the top right corner of the Gmail page, click Settings (gear icon).
- Now Click at Settings tab.
- In the “Language” section, click Show all other language options.
- Check the box next to “Enable input Google email tools.”
- Select language with which you want to use input tools and keyboard
- Now Click OK button.
- At the bottom of the web page, click Save Changes button.
- Open your Gmail inbox.
- In the top right next to the Gmail account Settings, click on the language icon. If you have several input tools, use the down arrow to select among them.
Fix garbled text in emails
If you’re seeing letters from the wrong language or you don’t want to use in your emails, you’ll need to change the language setting.
- Open your browser, like Google chrome, internet explorer or Firefox.
- At the top of your email browser, Click View >Encoding (Internet Explorer) or Text Encoding (Safari, Firefox).
- From the list, select the language you want to use.