Gmail Security Tips (8OO) 674-2913 -Secure Your Email account.
You should follow the steps below to support keep your Gmail account safe.
If you think someone has unauthorized access to your Gmail account, reset Gmail password as soon as possible.
Step 1: Complete a Gmail security checkup (procedure)
Visit the security checkup Gmail page to do things like adding Gmail account recovery options, enable 2-Step Verification for extra email account security, and checking your email account permissions.
Choose a strong Gmail account password
Then, change your Gmail account password.
- Visit the Gmail sign in page.
- Click Gmail Password.
- Follow the instruction.
Check your Google email settings
There are a few Gmail account settings, you can inspect to make sure nobody else can’t access your Gmail account.
- Using a browser, Sign in Gmail.
- In the top right corner of your Gmail account page, click Settings (gear icon).
- Click Settings.
- Click the tabs below to check your Gmail account settings.
- Check your Gmail account signature to make sure the text looks correct.
- Check your Gmail vacation responder to make sure the text looks correct, and that it isn’t turned on if you don’t need it to be.
Accounts and Import Gmail account tab
- Check “Send email as” to make sure all the Gmail email account listed belongs to you.
- Check “Grant access to your Gmail account” to see that no unknown Gmail user have access to your Google account.
- Check “Check email from other email accounts (using POP3)” to make sure all the mail account listed belong to you.