Gmail Security Tips – Use Your Gmail Account Without Any Issue.
Step 1: Complete an account security checkup
Start the Security Checkup with web page to do things like adding email account recovery options, setting up 2-Step Verification for extra account security, and checking your email account permissions.
Step 2: Follow these Google email security tips
Choose a strong password
First, learn how to create a strong email account password.
Then, change your Gmail account password.
- Visit the Log-in & security web page.
- Click email Password tab.
- Follow the given instructions.
Check your Google account settings
There are a few email account settings you can check to make sure nobody else has access to your emails.
- Using a web browser, sign-in Gmail.
- In the top right corner, click Settings (gear icon).
- Now click on Settings tab.
- Click the tabs below to check your email settings.
- Click to check your signature to make sure the text looks correct.
- Check your automatic vacation responder to make sure the text looks correct, and that it isn’t turned on if you don’t need it to be.
Gmail accounts and Import tab
- Click to check “Send email as” to make sure all the e-mail addresses listed belong to you only.
- Check “Grant access to your email account” to see that no other people have access to your email account.
- Check “Check email from other email accounts (using POP3)” to make sure all the email addresses listed belong to you only.
Filters and Blocked Addresses tab
- Check to make sure mail isn’t being automatically forwarded to an unknown email account using a “Forward to” filter.
- Check that any filters that automatically delete emails (“Delete it”) were set up by you.
Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab
- Check that your email isn’t being forwarded to an unknown email account.
- Verify that you’re POP or IMAP email settings are correct.