How Do I block An Email?
If you’re receiving some emails you don’t want in your Google email inbox, you can block or unsubscribe from the email sender, or report the email to Google email.
Note: If someone uses Email to harass, scare, or threaten you, they’re violating Google email’s Program Policies. If you feel that you’re in problem, you should contact your local consultants right away, and ask whether any cyber harassment laws apply to your condition.
How to block an email address in Gmail
When you block somebody, emails he/she send you will go to your Spam box.
- Sign in Gmail.
- Click open the emails.
- In the top right, click the Down arrow (icon).
- Click Block [email sender].
If you have blocked someone by mistake, you can unblock them using the following steps.
Remove & block email spam from my Gmail inbox
Gmail tries to keep spam out of your Gmail inbox, but sometimes emails get through. If you see a spam emails in your Gmail inbox:
- Log in Google email.
- Click to Check the box to the left of the email or open the email.
- Near the top of the Gmail web page, now click report Spam (by clicking on spam icon).
Unsubscribe from an emailing list
If you signed up on a web site that sends lots of updates in your Gmail inbox, like emails about upcoming sales or update information about the product or services, you can subscribe from these emails.
- Sign in Gmail.
- Click to open an email from the sender you want to unsubscribe from.
- Next to the email sender’s name, click Unsubscribe or Change preferences settings. If you don’t see these options, follow the steps above to block the email sender or mark the emails as spam.