How To Add Or Change A Recovery Email Account?
1. Click to Sign in to My Gmail Account.
2. In the “Personal info & privacy” tab, click to select your personal info.
3. Now click to choose Email.
4. From here you can add you email:
o Add a recovery email address: Next to “Recovery email account,” click to select Add recovery email account.
o Change your recovery email account: Next to “Recovery email account tab,” click to select your email address.
5. Enter your recovery email account.
6. Click on “Done” tab.
Which email to you have to use?
Your recovery email address should be an email address that you use on regular bases.
If you use Gmail account, you might have added a recovery “email address” to your Gmail account when you first signed up.
If you don’t use Google email, your “email password recovery” address is the email address you used to sign up for your email account (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
Ways Google will use your email
Gmail will use your recovery email address to communicate with you under these conditions:
• Gmail need to confirm your user – name after you create an address
• If You have problem to sign in to Gmail
• You’ve forgot Gmail password.
• You’re about to run out of storage capacity
• Gmail need to alert you to any unusual activity involving your Gmail account