How To Add Or Remove Google Email Inbox Categories?
You can sort your emails into different Google email inbox tabs, like Social or Promotions. When you open Gmail, you won’t have to see all emails at once.
Add or remove Gmail account category tabs
- Sign in Gmail Account on Your PC.
- In the top right corner of Gmail account, click on Settings (gear icon) > Settings.
- Click the Gmail Inbox tab.
- In the “Gmail Inbox type” section, Click to select Default. Note: To hide all tabs, Click select another Gmail inbox type.
- In the Gmail “Categories” section, check the Gmail boxes of tabs you want to show. Note: You can’t make new Gmail inbox tabs; you can only show or hide existing ones according to your usability.
- Now scroll to the bottom end, then click Save Changes button.
Note: If you’ve turned on Gmail notifications, you’ll only get notifications about emails in your Primary inbox category.
How move an email?
To move an email to a new Gmail category, and drag the mail to that tab.
Find emails in a category
Not able to find emails in a category
Archived emails won’t show up their category tabs.
To find Google emails you’ve archived, search for the email in the Gmail box at the top of the page.