How To Block unwanted Google emails?
If you’re getting some unwanted emails you don’t want in your Google email inbox, you can block by using Gmail block feature or unsubscribe from the email sender, or report the emails to Gmail.
Note: If somebody uses Google email to harass you, or threaten you, they’re violating Google email’s Program Policies. If you feel that you’re in problem, contact your local consultants right away, and ask whether any cyber harassment laws apply to your particular situation.
How to block an email address?
When you want to block someone, emails they send you will go to your Spam box.
- Log in Gmail.
- Open the email.
- In the top right of the Gmail page, click at the Down arrow button.
- Click Block [email sender].
If you blocked someone by fault, you can easily unblock them using the following steps.
Remove & block spam from my Gmail inbox
Google email tries to keep spam out of your Gmail inbox, but sometimes emails get through. If you see a spam emails in your Google inbox:
- Sign in Gmail.
- Click to check the given box to the left of the emails or open the emails.
- Near the top of the Gmail page, click Report Spam button.
How to unsubscribe from a email list?
If you signed up on a web site that sends lots of email updates, like massages about upcoming sales, you can subscribe from these emails massages.
- Sign in Gmail.
- Open an email from the email sender you want to unsubscribe from the web site.
- Click to the next to email sender’s name, click Unsubscribe and Change preferences. If you’re not able to see these options, follow the steps above to block the email sender or mark the email as spam.
Note: It may take a few more days for the emailing list to stop sending you emails after you unsubscribe from them.
What to do? If a suspicious email asked for personal information or Data
If you see a suspicious mail in your Gmail inbox asking for personal information, you can report the email for phishing.
- Log in to Gmail.
- Open an email from the email sender you want to unsubscribe from.
- In the top right corner of the Gmail page, click at the Down arrow button.
- And now click Report phishing emails button.