How To Change Your Gmail Language Settings.
You can change the language you use to see Google email, and you can use special keyboards to type in other languages.
Procedure to change the language you use to see Google email
- Sign in Gmail.
- In the top right corner of the Gmail web page, click Settings (gear icon).
- Now click on Settings.
- In the “Language” section, select a language from the drop down menu.
- At the bottom of the Gmail page, click at Save Changes button.
How to Type in another language
You can type in languages like Hindi, Arabic, or Chinese by using different input tools, including special keyboards. There are different types of input tools for different languages.
- Sign in Gmail. You can only use input tools from a web browser and not the Google email app.
- In the top right corner, click Settings (gear icon).
- Click at Settings tab.
- In the “Language” section, click at “Show all language options”.
- Now check the box next to “Enable input tools.”
- Choose the languages with which you want to use language input tools, and what kind of keyboard you want to use for language selection.
- Press OK.
- At the bottom end of the Gmail page, click Save Changes button.
- Open your Gmail inbox.
- In the top right next to Settings (gear icon), click the language settings icon. If you have various input tools, use the down arrow button to switch among them.