How To Change Your Gmail Language Settings?
Change the language you use to see email
- Sign in Gmail.
- In the top right of the email web page, click Settings (gear icon).
- Click at Settings tab.
- In the “Language” section, pick a language from the language option menu.
- At the bottom of the email page, click Save Changes button.
Type in another language
You can type in the languages search box like Hindi, Arabic, or Chinese using input tools, including special keyboards. There are different types of input tools in Gmail for different languages.
- Click to open Gmail. You can only use input tools from a web browser and not the Google email app.
- In the top right corner of the email page, click at Settings (gear icon).
- Click Gmail Settings.
- In the “Language” section, click at “Show all language options”.
- Click to the check box next to “Enable email input tools.”
- Choose the languages with which you want to use by input tools, what kind of keyboard you want to use.
- Now Click at OK button.
- At the bottom of the web page, click Save Changes button.
- Open your Gmail inbox.
- In the top right next to Gmail Settings (gear icon), click at the language icon. If you have multiple input tools, use the down arrow to switch the input tools.
How To Fix garbled text in emails
If you’re seeing letters from the wrong language or unknown language in your emails, you’ll need to change a setting.
- Now click to open your browser, like Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
- At the top of your web browser, select View >Encoding (Internet Explorer) or Text Encoding (Safari, Firefox).
From the list, Click to choose the language you wants to use