How to check emails from other accounts?
If you have multiple accounts, you can check them in Gmail. You can choose from the following options:
- Get all emails (old and new): Select this option if you still use another email address, including another Gmail address. There might be a short delay in showing new emails.
- Get only old emails: Choose this option if you recently switched to Google email from another provider.
- Forward only new emails: Choose this if you want your new emails immediately.
Get all emails
You can import both old and new email from another mail account.
Note: You can only move emails, not folders or labels from your other email account.
Step 1: Change the settings in your other Gmail account
Yahoo, Outlook, or other email service
Make sure your other email account has POP access. Then, change your Google email settings.
Another email account
- Log in to the Gmail account you want to import from.
- In the top right corner, click Settings (gear icon) > Settings.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the “POP Download” option, select Enable POP for all email.
- Recommended: Next to “When emails are accessed with POP,” select keep Google email’s copy in the Gmail inbox.
- At the bottom end, click Save Changes button.
Step 2: Change your Gmail settings
- Log in to the Gmail account you want to import to.
- In the top right corner, click Settings > Settings.
- Click the Gmail Accounts and Import or Accounts tab.
- In the “Check email from other accounts” tab, click Add a mail account.
- Type the email account of the other account, and then click Next Step tab.
- Type your Gmail password.
- Recommended: Check the Gmail boxes next to the options below:
- “Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving email”
- “Label incoming email”
- Leave the other boxes unchecked.
- Now click Add email Account.