How to check the number of messages in your Gmail inbox
In Google email, replies to emails are grouped into conversations. In your Gmail inbox, you’ll see the number of conversations you have, but not messages.
Follow these steps to see how many emails are in your Gmail inbox:
- Sign in Gmail on PC. You can’t find your total number of emails from the Gmail app.
- In the top right of the Gmail webpage, click Settings (gear icon)>Settings.
- Click to scroll down to the “Conversation view” section.
- Select “Conversation view off”.
- At the bottom of the Gmail page, click Save Changes button.
- Go back to your Gmail inbox to see the number of emails you have. If you have multiple sections or multiple categories, make sure to add together the number from each category or section.
- When you have done, go back to settings page and turn on “Conversation view.”