How To Clear Google Drive Space & Increase Storage.
Your storage space is shared across G Drive, Google email, and Google Photos and images. To check, how much space you have left free, go to Google -> settings -> storage on a computer.
What uses your Google drive storage space?
Check for these items
- Google Drive:
- Most of the files in your “My Google Drive,” including PDF files, images/photos, videos.
- Items in your Gmail Trash folder.
- Note: Your Google drive storage isn’t used by Google Documents/Sheets/Slides/Forms, and Sites.
- Google email: Emails and attachments, including items in your Gmail Spam folder and Trash folders.
- Google Photos/images: Photos/images and videos stored using the “Original” size. (You can change the size of photos and videos don’t use drive storage.
- Delete hidden data from apps in G Drive.
Some apps store “unseen data” in Google Drive. To check how much data is used for storage:
- Visit drive.google.com.
- Click Google Settings (gear icon) > Settings.
- On the left side of the Google account, click “Manage Apps”.
If there is any hidden app data, the size of data will show under the app description section. To remove this data, click Options > Remove hidden app data from the G drive.
These items don’t need space
- Google Drive:
- Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, Sites, and files in “Shared with me.” section.
- Data files only take up space in the Google drive owner’s.
- Google Photos/images: Photos & videos stored using the “High Quality” size.
- Pixel phones: You can save unlimited number of photos/images and videos to Google Photos from a Pixel mobile phone
- Storage variances in Google Drive
You can contact (800) 674-2913 to resolve the forgot Gmail password issues .