How To Find Out If Your Gmail Account Has Been Compromised.
Important: If you notice any of these signs or similar ones on your account, follow the directions to secure your Gmail account.
Unfamiliar Google email activity & spam
- You are not getting emails.
- Your friends say they got some spam or unusual emails from your email account.
- Email that you didn’t send shows up in Sent Mail.
- Your username has been changed.
- There are changes to your Gmail settings that you don’t recognize.
- There are labels, filters, or forwarding rules you didn’t set up.
Unauthorized payment action
- On Google Wallet, you can check transfers or transactions you don’t identify.
- On Google Wallet, you don’t identify one or more: bank accounts, credit cards, debit cards, or gift cards.
Unfamiliar Google Play account activity
- You can check purchases that you didn’t make.
- You find comments that you didn’t leave.