How To Fix Missing Emails Issues?
This information can help you find your emails if:
- Some Google emails are missing.
- Emails aren’t coming to your Gmail inbox.
- Your Gmail inbox is empty and all your mails have disappeared.
First, try these common fixes
We recommend following these steps on a pc because many of them can’t be done through the Google email app.
Check if the email was archived, deleted, or marked as spam.
Emails might skip your Gmail inbox if massages were accidentally archived, deleted, or marked as spam.
You can follow these steps to search all your email messages, including those that aren’t in your Gmail inbox:
- On your pc, Sign in Gmail.
- In the Gmail search box, click the Down arrow button.
- Click the All Mail drop down, then select Mail & Spam & Trash.
- Enter the information that’s in the missing massages. If you’re not sure about exact words or details, leave these fields blank.
- At the bottom of the Gmail box, click Search box.
Tip: To filter your search results even more accurate, you can also use search operators.
Now check if the email was filtered.
You may have created a filter that automatically archives or deletes certain massages.
Here’s how to check your email filters:
- From a browser, open Gmail.
- In the top right corner, click Settings > Settings.
- At the top of the page, click the Filters and Blocked Email Addresses tab.
- Check for filters that include the words “Delete it” or “Skip Gmail Inbox.”
- To the right corner of the page, click Edit or Delete button.
- Follow the given on-screen instructions.
Check if your emails massages are being forwarded to another email account
When you set up forwarding in Google email, you can choose whether the original massages are archived or deleted.
Here’s how to check your forwarding option’s settings:
- From a web browser, Log in Gmail.
- In the top right corner, click Settings tab > Settings.
- At the top of the web page, click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the “Forwarding” section, check if you’ve choose Forward a copy of incoming e mail. If you have, select Keep email’s copy in the Gmail Inbox or Mark Gmail’s copy as read.
- At the bottom of the web page, click Save Changes button.