How To Fix Sync Errors With The Gmail Android App
If your Gmail android app isn’t syncing automatically, you might notice the problems as follows:
- You are not able to send mail, or mail is stuck in send
- Not getting new massages.
- Can’t open or unable read mail
- Getting “Account not synced” error
- Gmail app is not working properly.
Not getting notifications
Check your Google email notifications settings. If it is not working, try the troubleshooting steps as follows.
Not getting email from Yahoo email, Outlook, or other non-Gmail account
On a PC, open your non-Google email account.
- If you’re not getting new email, search for tips from that email service provider.
- If everything is ok, try to solve the issue by using troubleshooting steps below.
After you try each step, check to see if the problem is resolve.
Step 1: Check for Gmail app update if needed please update.
To get the latest fixes on problems with sending or receiving email, update your Gmail app.
Step 2: Restart your mobile device
Step 3: Check your app settings
Check if you’re online
Try opening another website. If you’re in a community place, like an internet cafe or library, you may need to acknowledge Terms and Conditions before you’re really associated with the internet.
Turn off airplane mode
- Go to your android mobile device’s Settings.
- Click More > Now switch “Airplane mode” off.
Check Gmail app sync settings
- Click to open the Gmail app.
- On the left of the Gmail page, tap Menu (icon) > Settings.
- Click at your account.
- Make sure the box next to “Sync Google email” is checked.
Check your phone or tablet settings
- Open your mobile device’s Settings (Gear icon).
- Under “Personal,” tap email Accounts.
- In the top right corner, click to press more .
- Make sure the box next to “Auto-sync email data” is checked.
Step 4: Now clear your storage
If your mobile phone or tablet is running out of space, sync couldn’t work. To clear space on your mobile device:
- Now uninstall some apps you don’t use
- Delete old downloaded files or files you have created, or move files to your PC
- Now Remove Google Play music, books, movies, or TV shows you’ve downloaded
Step 5: Check your password
On your PC, open Google email. If you can’t log in or get one of the errors below, sync won’t work on the Google email app.
- “Email account username and email password not accepted”
- “Invalid credentials”
- You’re asked to enter your user – name and account password over and over