How To Search Missing Email In Gmail
Gmail messages are missing
This page can help you find your missing emails if:
- Some mails are missing.
- Emails aren’t coming to your Gmail inbox.
- Your Gmail inbox is empty and all your emails have disappeared.
First, try these common fixes
Google recommend following these steps on your computer because many of them can’t be done through the Google email app.
Check if the massages was archived, deleted, or marked as spam email.
Emails might skip your Gmail inbox if they were accidentally archived, deleted, or marked as spam.
You should follow these steps to search all your email messages, including those that aren’t in your Gmail inbox:
- Log in Gmail on Your pc.
- In the email search box, click at the Down arrow.
- Click the All E-mail drop down button, and click to select Mail & Spam & Trash button.
- Enter some information that’s in the missing email. If you’re not sure about exact (email) words or details, leave all the fields blank.
- At the bottom of the email search box, click Search button.
Tip: To filter your email search results even more, you can also use email search operators.
Check if the email was filtered or not
You may have created a filter that spontaneously archives or deletes certain mails.
Here’s how to check your filters:
- Sign in Gmail.
- In the top right of email web page, click Settings (gear button) > Settings.
- At the top of the page, click the Filters and Blocked Email Addresses tab.
- Look for filters that include the words “Delete it” or “Skip Gmail Inbox.”
- To the right of Gmail inbox, click Edit or Delete.
- Now You should follow the on-screen instructions.
Check if your emails are being forwarded to another email account
When you set up forwarding in Google email, you can choose whether the original mails are archived or deleted.
Here’s how to check your email forwarding settings:
- From a web browser, sign in Gmail.
- In the top right corner, click Settings (gear icon) > Settings.
- At the top corner, click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the “Email Forwarding” section, check if you’ve selected to forward a copy of incoming email. If you have, now click to select Keep Gmail’s copy in the Gmail Inbox or Mark Gmail’s copy as read.
- At the bottom of the web page, click Save Changes button.
Important: If your email messages are being forwarded to an unfamiliar email address, select Disable forwarding then check out the Google email security tips. If you see a forwarding email address you don’t know, someone might have unauthorized access to your Gmail account.
If you forward email from another email account into Gmail, emails are sometimes sent to Spam box, if they aren’t authenticated.
Check your Gmail settings if you read your Google emails with another email client
If you read your Gmail emails on another email client, just like Apple eMail or Microsoft Outlook, You should follow the steps below for the type of forwarding email you’ve set up