How To Trace An Email With Its Full Headers?
For an email you received in Google email, you can see where the email came from by looking at its header section, including how it got from the sender to the recipient’s email servers.
How to view your email’s full headers?
- Sign in Gmail on your computer.
- Now click to open the email you want to check the headers for.
- Next to Reply button (arrow icon), click the Down arrow.
- Tap “Show-original”.
The email headers will show in a new window, containing fields like authentication results. To get the full email message header, copy everything below and “Download original.”
Inbox by Google email
- Sign in Gmail and open inbox.
- Click to open the email you want to see the full headers for.
- Inside the message, click more > Show original.
The Gmail headers will show in a new window.