Secure Your Gmail Account.
You should follow the steps below to help keep your Google email account secure.
If you think someone is using your Gmail account without your information, you should reset your Gmail account password ASAP.
Step 1: Complete an email account security checkup
Start by visiting the Security Checkup email page to do things like adding account recovery options, enable 2-Step Verification for extra account security, and checking your Gmail account permissions.
Start Your Security Checkup
Step 2: Follow these Gmail security tips
Change your Gmail account password.
- Visit the Log in & Gmail security page.
- Click Password tab.
- Follow the on-screen email instructions.
Check your Google email settings
There are a few email settings you can check to make sure nobody else has access to your Gmail account.
- Using a web browser, Sign in Gmail.
- In the top right corner of the email page, click Gmail Settings.
- Click Settings tab.
- Click the tabs below to check your email account settings.
- Check your email signature to make sure the text looks correct.
- Click to check your vacation reply option to make sure the text looks correct, and that it isn’t turned it on if you don’t need it to be.
Gmail Accounts and Import tab
- Check “Send email as” to make sure all the email addresses listed is belongs to you.
- Now check “Grant access to your Gmail account” to see that no unknown person have access to your email account.
- Check “Check email from other email accounts (using POP3)” to make sure all the email account listed belongs to you.